Automated Regression testing of Oracle EBS for a USA based consulting company
About the client
A US based niche consulting firm.
With every upgrade of Oracle EBS, the current implementation was impacted heavily and enough checkpoints weren’t in place resulting in production issues.
The implementation of Oracle EBS was heavily customised and every upgrade was a challenge for the client.
Client was struggling to upgrade quickly and make the application available for end users soon.
With limited time to test the application, the client was not able to thoroughly test the application resulting in production issues.
CresTech took over the complete verification and validation of the EDH portal- both web based and mobile application.
- CresTech’s team took complete ownership of the regression testing of every upgrade: Manual testing of critical UAT flows and automation testing of 70% of the regression suite.
- Understood the end to end features, business scenarios, end user personas
- Understood the typical challenges associated with each upgrade, including test execution cycle time, test coverage issues etc.
- Established clear goals for the test automation exercise- Conducted a POC
- Created a test automation framework and regression suite
- Regression tested every upgrade
Services we offered
decrease in Defect leakage & upgrades are now fail-proof.
By automating 70% of the regression suite we were able to. Reduced test execution cycle by 2 weeks during the first execution. Reduced test execution by 3 weeks with subsequent execution cycles. Initial ROI: 28 man days of effort was saved in the very first execution cycle. 100% regression coverage was achieved with every upgrade test cycle: 70% through automation.