Setting up Manual QA testing for a consulting company
About the client
The Customer is one of the leading players in the Consulting Domain.
Application was web based and used to distribute the Year End Bonus. The high complexity of the app due to complicated financial calculations made the testing extremely challenging. CresTech was to provide the Client with a viable and robust solution that could overcome these challenges in a short span of time.
Collaborative efforts among various teams (BA , Dev & QA) were missing
No regression testing was performed on priority models leading ad-hoc and insufficient testing
Presence of redundant defects in the system
Traceability from requirements and bug needed to be implemented. BRDs needed to be aligned to requirements.
Number of UAT defects were increasing in prod support
No proper documentation was present
No RTM , closure reports were prepared
- Currency conversion calculation as application caters to geographically distributed employees
- Financial calculations involved with various factors included in Bonus calculation
- Employees with unique scenarios in bonus term identified and calculated bonus based on that.
- Suggested automation to cover regression testing of critical model after every release.
- Understood their existing QA process and identified gap areas
- Plugged the gaps by designing customized workflows/fields for requirements and defects
- Prepared RTM and closure reports to keep track of quality and timelines
- QA team took ownership of server testing
- Provided ongoing support to customer migration
- Conducting Quarterly Audits for customer to ensure compliance
Services we offered
Manual Testing | Database Testing
reduction in defects
Issue redundancy has been completely eliminated. Customer is now able to gauge the health of project in real time (have better insight and visibility) with proper reporting