Accessibility Testing for WCAG 2.0 compliance
About the client
Client is a leading professional services company
Client had a benefits and claims application which was to be used by people with special abilities and hence was needed to be assessed against the Accessibility standards WCAG 2.0
Client needed to swiftly verify accessibility of the application as one of its primary end client needed quick deployment.
Client lacked required skill set to provide accessibility validation, till WCAG 2.0 AA level for this application.
- We performed Accessibility Testing to make the application accessible till WCAG 2.1 AAA conformance Level that covers wide range of reasons users might have difficulty accessing the application
- We have used multiple tools (10 different tools) which includes Web Scanners, Assistive technologies and Screen readers to cover maximum accessibility guidelines
- To ensure compatibility of application across different platforms, we performed testing on multiple platforms (Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS) and multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari)
- Our developers provided technical recommendations to the clients to fix the reported issues
- With a high number of defects reported, we did Defect Clustering to group similar defects that can be fixed with similar resolution
- We have created a WCAG 2.1 guideline checklist in advance to reduce the efforts required to verify the application.
Services we offered
No production issues were reported due to the thoroughly verification using an extensive list of tools. Defect Clustering helped in reduction of efforts in fixing the defects.